Friday, November 25, 2005

When it rains, it pours!

[Category: MBA]

Edit:

Within no time I got the INSEAD admit too. I felt as if the floodgates just were blocked and got opened all at once. Thanks again to same people as listed earlier, only with double the intensity!

I've decided to join INSEAD. It was one of toughest decisions I ever made. I won't get into the pissing contest of which school is better, but will just say that for some reasons (including personal reasons), at this stage this is the best decision I can make and I will live by it :)

A lot has changed since that day and I would better write separate posts for "rest of the developments" (I am in no mood to go into the details of Why INSEAD any more, please!)

-----
Got the Columbia admit and am quite happy!

It all started 3 years back for me with a search for MBA options… I took some wrong decision, some U-turns and went through a tougher than expected process. Probably because of being from one of the most competitive groups…

But finally, it’s over. I’m done with the anxiety of admission… now the anxiety of starting school and a job search will take their roots. But they’re away and in the mean time I think I should have some fun.

Before I go grab a beer, let me pay my respect to few people without whom this wouldn’t have been possible.

Y: For motivating me to apply to Top BSchools and sticking with me when I failed over and again last year. For reviewing all my essays, for mock-interviewing... for everything. This admission is a tribute to your patience.

P: For helping me out when we didn’t even know each other apart from few phone calls. For supporting me in those tough times… Thanks a lot.

To my recommenders: For your consistent support and patience.

To friends, and to those who supported me by giving me several tips and generous help which made this journey bearable. FS, RT, KJ, KH, BN, PK: you people are on the top of this looong list!

To my family, whose unconditional love made me start on this in first place and stay on it later…

To you, dear reader, for reading this blog and giving me the motivation to write (trust me, this has improved my writing!) and getting some feedback once in a while doesn’t harm!

Please feel free to write if I can help you in any way…

And a post on admission mysteries from my perspective is due!

15 Comments:

Let me be the first to Congratulate you!! Wish you the very best at Columbia! on 10/17/2005 10:20:00 AM  
that's great noos. columbia is a great place to be in. are you waiting for more admits - or is columbia going to be the one ? 

Posted by forrestgump
on 10/17/2005 11:45:00 AM  
Congratulations!! Hope to soon join you in "Admit-Land"!! 

Posted by AxeChick
on 10/17/2005 12:49:00 PM  
Wow! I haven't even sent out an application yet and you've already made it.

Awesome man! Congrats.
on 10/17/2005 01:12:00 PM  
Congratulations!!! on 10/17/2005 08:00:00 PM  
Thank you all! Best of luck for your apps! on 10/18/2005 01:27:00 AM  
Congratulations.....and hats off to your determination for sticking... and doing it !!!!
'n good to hear someone else also has interests like me....I am game for any trek but how to get that time off....n ways posted a entry on my blog about some himalayan escapades, check it out whenever you have some time on hand
on 10/18/2005 07:33:00 AM  
Congrats!! Columbia is an awesome school and I'm sure you'll have fun in NYC. 

Posted by sghama
on 10/18/2005 08:39:00 AM  
wow, many congratulations !!! go out now and do the craziest thing you've always wanted to do. have fun ! 

Posted by poweryogi
on 10/18/2005 12:58:00 PM  
Hey, congrats !! So finance it will be after all :) 

Posted by laserlikefocus
on 10/18/2005 08:56:00 PM  
Thanks all. Yes, I'm certainly relieved.

Laserlikefocus: It was finance from the day one. Only now my stance got convicted ;)
on 10/19/2005 01:47:00 AM  
Congrats :) Yoooo Hoooo Hooo.... just saw your mail. on 10/19/2005 03:43:00 PM  
Thanks MBAFarbe.

BTW, I realized that when you feel:
Heavy head, light legs and uneasy stomach->> you've drunk too much!!!

Yepppp! Partying hard like crazy!
on 10/20/2005 02:44:00 AM  
Been a while since I hit the blog (that whole 'busy' thing that I emailed you about...), but SUPER CONGRATS on the great news! on 10/23/2005 10:22:00 PM  
So first half of the journey comes to an end :) and now a new road ahead with mroe challenges and opportunities :) Wish you all the best. on 11/23/2005 11:57:00 AM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

Links to this post:

<< Home