Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A day when strangers became friends...

[Category: Personal]

Last Saturday was very special. All day, I was out with a new friend who was teaching me French (And I was 'teaching' her Hindi!). We went to a couple of landmarks of South Mumbai in the forenoon, followed by lunch in a good restaurant. Then we headed to beach side, and finally we bade Bye to each other in evening.

Was coming in a bus, when I got into conversation with 3 school girls... it so happens that one of the girls' sister was getting married on Sunday. We discuss the marriages, Gujju functions, Punjabi weddings and all the stuff. By end of it, I practically got invited to that marriage!! Cool...

Happy as I come back to my destination, going over the day's happening, I decide to take a walk on sea side on famed Marine Drive.

Got in to a conversation with a stranger 'Mark' from South Africa there. We went for a coffee, and then had a Paan too! At 1 AM! no kidding!

Well, next day I came to know that he was none other than Mark Culllinan, an Oxford Grad, South African cricketer and cousin of more famous Deryl Cullinan. Mark was such a gentleman that he didn't even tell me this. He talked all the while about Deryl, Cricket, Poverty, His work, dreams... We even discussed INSEAD MBA (His brother James graduated from INSEAD!)... But he didn't hoot about his own records. Probably that's what separates greats from the good ones!

Thanks Mark, for a wonderful evening! I hope you enjoyed India and your visit here was fruitful.

6 Comments:

Well that was some day! I didn't know Daryll Cullinan went to Insead. Thats just amazing. 

Posted by laserlikefocus
on 12/07/2005 02:45:00 PM  
Congrats on INSEAD!
I just found out (sorry for being late)
on 12/08/2005 12:05:00 AM  
Laserlikefocus:

Sorry for not making it clear in my first post... Mark's brother James went to INSEAD. Derryl is his cousin... I'm adding this in my post!

KV: Thanks.. look forward to meeting you in near future!
PS: I'm writing a mail to you...
on 12/08/2005 03:59:00 AM  
Hey! Yes, I did decide on schools long time ago, I'm applying to Columbia, NYU, UCLA, Wharton. Congrats on both your admits! What made you select INSEAD over Columbia? on 12/08/2005 03:47:00 PM  
Merci :) Felicitations sur tes acceptations!!! on 12/08/2005 10:32:00 PM  
qzoink: I won't go in to the debate all over again... but it was a decision forced by some very personal matters. I loves both the schools (even now, I do), but in my present situation, I chose INSEAD.

All the best to you for your BSchool journey!
on 12/09/2005 03:54:00 AM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home