Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Is this my blog?

or a recap of my weekend activities?

[Category: Personal x Personal]

Going through past few weeks' entries, I feel that my blog has become "too formal"; I have not posted my opinions, or thinking but rather more of what I had done in the recent weeks, making the blog appear a little dry to my own taste. I can imagine how boring it could be for a reader :)

OK, let me make amends! I'll try to post a bit more of myself on the blog, and not just the activities I am doing.

I realized (again on the weekend!) that I am in India for less than 2 weeks now. After which it's a journey around the world. I am very excited to just get on it! Having stayed out of hotels for last 3 years, and out of hostels for most of last 11 years, I am not at all worried about geographical or other changes, but at the same time, I feel that few things will never be same once I start on this journey. It's gonna be tough, it's gonna be tiring but sure, it's gonna be FUN (note the caps!), and I am dying to just reach there and start the trip!

However, one thing that I have already started missing, and am going to miss dearly is the community service activities I was doing. Though I love athletics, trekking, gym, sky diving etc, I believe two things that give me real solace and mental piece are teaching kids in the groups I was working with, and the community meal service in the local "Gurudwaras" (Sikh Temples). Through both these activities, I feel complete with myself and at peace. I am not sure if I'll find the time, energy or patience to teach kids (yes, you need to be very patient with kids), and wondering if there will be any "Gurudwara" nearby INSEAD in Singapore and France. It's all the more ironical as I am not a born Sikh, and my family follows Hinduism (in India, 75% people are Hindus and only about 3-5% Sikhs). Though I visit Temples, Mosques and Churches (Diversity friends!), the community meal service part of Gurudwara is something which has always attracted me as it fosters a sense of belonging-ness to one Supreme Entity and belonging-ness to each other as human beings.

I must carry some photographs of the children I was working with, and some Spiritual Music to take care of half of it.

For the other half, INSEAD parties should be more than enough to creating bonding with other "super charged" human beings. I hope these ultra smart people don't realize that INSEAD admissions committee made a mistake in taking this ignorant kid to their school!

4 Comments:

Merci! I am actually planning on studying at INSEAD first semester of my second year :)

p.s. great post 

Posted by Marina
on 12/28/2005 05:11:00 PM  
Happy new year !

Hope you have a wonderful time in INSEAD, lets catch up in Singapore
on 12/29/2005 04:01:00 AM  
Wannabe: I haven't yet forgotten the party that you owe me :P

---
Marina: You'll be welcome to INSEAD, but I guess Columbia has exchange program with London Business School, and we have one with Wharton...

But don't worry, you'll be welcome to visit the village nevertheless :)

PS: I may be again in 'the city' in Sept/Oct 2006.
on 12/29/2005 05:03:00 AM  
Wish you a very happy new year in advance. So two more weeks and you would be off for a great journey :) All the best for that.Hoping to follow the foot steps someday :) on 12/29/2005 08:58:00 AM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home