Saturday, December 24, 2005

Trek to Chinchoti waterfalls

[Category: Personal]

Last Saturday, we had a Get Together of my Undergrad college in one of the good hotels here in Mumbai. Graduates from 1988 to 2005 batches came in... It was fun, and the party ended past Midnight. Then I found another friend, and we were out in the city partying until 4AM. I take a train from there to get back to my room. Reach back home (5:30AM), and roomy tells me that there is a trek planned to Chinchti Waterfall at 6AM.

Now given an option, what does your truly do?

Yes, right, I go catch that train and go for trek. Somehow manage to keep sense of what's going on, after all the booze of night!

But glad that I went to the trek. It was an amazing, wonderful experience. Last trek I did was more than 2 months back in Korea, so this was a welcome change.

Chinchoti is a small waterfall, and this trek is very popular among youngsters in Mumbai. We were a group of 30, some young, some not so young! Though this was my first trek in a big group (I always used to go for nuts' treks, with only 2 or 3 mad friends of mine :P), I thoroughly enjoyed it! I got a chance to swim also, too bad I didn't carry my swimming costume. So guess what, I swam in Jeans! It's the first time I did that, and I hope it's last too!

Enroute, we took some snaps too, which I will post once I get them. And I made some new friends too. One of those friends has written beautifully about Chinchodi, which you can read here! Very well done, K!

Warning to others like me: some heavy poetry!

After coming back from the trek, I had two dinners, one with each friend, and then crashed in to the bed! Slept for 9 hours, which is a 6 months high record for me!

Overall, many firsts in the weekend. I hope the present weekend is half as good as the last one!

Labels:

4 Comments:

wow seems like a lot of fun.. meeting interesting ppl :)

i went for Asha annual confrence and it was an amazing exp too.. meeting new ppl can be so much fun.
on 12/27/2005 09:59:00 AM  
Neat! comments after seeing the pics! on 12/28/2005 03:15:00 AM  
Thanx for linking me up, i ll return the favor.

Like U R take on the thing too...
on 12/28/2005 05:05:00 AM  
Anuj: yes, it's always fun to meet new people, especially when you share interests!

Venus: I tried posting the photos today, but for some reasons, internet is too slow here! Will try again tomorrow.

Kavita: Thanks! I am convinced that your description is much better!
on 12/28/2005 03:47:00 PM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home