Saturday, April 15, 2006

Courses at INSEAD

As this blog has for past few weeks talked only about travel, I thought of reminding myself (and others) that we at INSEAD study hard. Very hard.

Last week, I missed a couple of classes, and a dear friend of mine explained to me the money I had paid for the classes.

He: hey man, do you know why you are at INSEAD? It is for study. And you might remember paying the fees? It comes to about Euro 125 or so per 1.5 hours session.

me: But I disagree. I assume that as sunk cost, and hence it is the opprotunity cost that matters. Remember Accounting and Finance of P1?

In the end, no body won this argument, but it shows how we human beings tend to use any side of an argument to our advantage: both in situations good and bad.

OK, the classes I am taking the period:

1. Leading Organizations: Quite good.
2. Corporate Finance Policy: Superb, taught by ex-Dean of MBA program, Prof. Pekka Hietala
3. Strategy: Except a few bad classes, it has been really nice. Overall a good course, I wish there were more sessions of it
4. Marketing: Wish it was better! And wish there were fewer sessions of it!
5. Managerial Accounting: Great professor, but going a bit too slow
6. Leadership: An exemption elective. Wonderful experience, and a great deal of learning in this class. Taught by another star faculty Gunther Stahl.

Exempted out of: Process and Operations Management (Heard it is not that great)

Courses I will be taking in P3: A bit heavy, but hope I can manage it. Oh yea, I will be in the forests of Fontainebleau in P3!

Core:

International Political Analysis

Macroeconomics in the Global Economy: Exempted, but will take the course as it is one of the best classes here

Exempted out of IT Management

Electives:

Negotiation Analysis by Horacio Falcao (The star faculty at INSEAD!): considered to be one of the best courses

Career Dynamics and Self Assessment by Linda Brimm: A lot of work, and more of 'know thyself' type course. Hear that a lot of people cry in this class, and hence this is also known as 'crying course'! Let's see how much I can take before giving in ;)

Investments by Prof. Dumas: Another star faculty, another tough course

Venture Opportunities and Business Models (VOBM): New faculty, so no idea how it will be. Hope the faculty matches the star prof. Phil Anderson, who is based out of Singapore campus

Labels:

1 Comments:

Woulds't thou want to add another INSEAD blog up here good sir?
First Kitsch  

Posted by Anonymous
on 4/29/2006 08:17:00 AM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home