Sunday, April 27, 2008

London Marathon 2008 April 27, 2008

Several months have passed since my last post. A lot has happened since. But one of the most significant things did take place last week – I RAN LONDON MARATHON! With only eight weeks (or shall we say weekends) of practice, it was a bit of madness, but where is the fun if there is no madness? ;) Got tired legs, but was happy to cross the finish line and have been on a high since Sunday! This Sunday is going to stay in my memory for years to come – and the main reason for that is not only my running the marathon, but the support and spirit of London and its people. It was one of those days when any sportsperson would have fallen in love with the City after seeing people drumming, singing, dancing, bringing home-made cookies and shouting themselves hoarse – all for the runners and the sports! Many times in the day, I was overwhelmed by the people braving rains to help the runners. Volunteers did a great job too and thanks to them, the run was hugely successful, despite the weather (well, we are in London, so it had to rain!).

As for my run, my timing was poor, but I am glad to have finished it without causing myself a serious injury! Thanks to family and friends for the phone calls and updates (some even while I was running)!

Labels:

0 Comments:

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home